News and Highlights
- Recent changes in the Florida Mental Health Continuing Education Requirements!.. details »
- US NRC Substance Abuse Expert Credentialing! Available Now!.. details »
- Which licensed professionals are eligible for DOT SAP qualification?.. details »
- Newsletters announce sales and special offers.. details »
- New!! Supervision Modules available.. details »
- Ethics and Boundary Issues: Choices for required coursework!.. details »
- Addiction Professional Specialty Training Track .. details »
- US DOT SAP Renewal Training Available .. details »
- CE Broker Overview! The system made Simple and easy to understand!.. details »
US NRC Substance Abuse Expert Credentialing! Available Now!October 11, 2012
Karen A Smith
The US Nuclear Regulatory Commission has published regulations (10CFR Part 26) putting in place a new credential (Substance Abuse Expert). SAEs will evaluate individuals who have authorization to have access to nuclear facilities as part of the Fitness for Duty program. Eligible professionals will need training and testing on the regulations to obtain the qualifications to provide these assessments. Please click on our course catalog and search for the US NRC Substance Abuse Expert Qualification Training course and read the description for more information.
Eligible professions to take the SAE training and examination include Licensed Psychologists, Licensed Physicians, Licensed and Certified Addiction Professionals (ICRC), Certified Employee Assistance Professionals and Licensed Social Workers.
Program Services training includes the qualification examination, is available by home study or as an online course. Live courses are available by private contract for a minimum of 10 participants.
Credentialing requirements begin March 31, 2010
We have also launched a renewal course for professionals that qualified in 2009 AND 2010.