News and Highlights
- Recent changes in the Florida Mental Health Continuing Education Requirements!.. details »
- US NRC Substance Abuse Expert Credentialing! Available Now!.. details »
- Which licensed professionals are eligible for DOT SAP qualification?.. details »
- Newsletters announce sales and special offers.. details »
- New!! Supervision Modules available.. details »
- Ethics and Boundary Issues: Choices for required coursework!.. details »
- Addiction Professional Specialty Training Track .. details »
- US DOT SAP Renewal Training Available .. details »
- CE Broker Overview! The system made Simple and easy to understand!.. details »
CE Broker Overview! The system made Simple and easy to understand!December 29, 2012
Karen A Smith
CE Broker Frequently Asked Questions
PROGRAM SERVICES ENTERS COURSE INFORMATION TO CE BROKER THE FIRST WEEK OF EVERY MONTH
What is CE Broker?
CE Broker is a central database that collects CE Credit information so that it can be accessed by Florida professional regulatory boards for the purpose of verifying that a licensee has obtained the required number of continuing education credits for a given period, usually a biennium. Since 2004 all Florida board approved Continuing Education Providers have been required to submit their students course completion information (CE Credits awarded) to CE Broker.
Please remember that any person or agency who has a Florida Continuing Education Provider License, for any profession that falls under the state's Medical Quality Assurance board, is required to report the credits you earn to this database. (Psychology, School Psychology, Mental Health, Marriage and Family, Social Work, Nursing, etc.) If you are not sure of the requirements for your profession we strongly suggest that you contact your board or read our article entitled "Florida Mental Health Continuing Education Requirements"
Why don't I see my course completion information in my account the next day?
Should I choose one CE provider over another because they submit my course completion information faster?
How fast your credit information is submitted to CE Broker has nothing to do with your ability to renew your license or your chances of being audited; the CE Broker system doesn't work that way. Florida CE providers have 90 days, from the date you complete a course, to submit that information to the CE Broker database and this was done for a very good reason.
Even though we are a small family owned and operated business, we sometimes issue in excess of 75 certificates of completion per week. Because of this, we have adopted a policy of submitting credit information at the end of each month, so that the completed courses can be grouped by type (tracking number) and entered into the CE Broker database the same way. This insures that your information is correctly entered by license type, license number, completed course title and number of CE credits awarded.
If one continuing education provider submits your credit information faster than another, it could be that they aren't very busy, offer CE courses