News and Highlights
- Recent changes in the Florida Mental Health Continuing Education Requirements!.. details »
- US NRC Substance Abuse Expert Credentialing! Available Now!.. details »
- Which licensed professionals are eligible for DOT SAP qualification?.. details »
- Newsletters announce sales and special offers.. details »
- New!! Supervision Modules available.. details »
- Ethics and Boundary Issues: Choices for required coursework!.. details »
- Addiction Professional Specialty Training Track .. details »
- US DOT SAP Renewal Training Available .. details »
- CE Broker Overview! The system made Simple and easy to understand!.. details »
Addiction Professional Specialty Training TrackJanuary 13, 2011
Karen A Smith
Licensed Psychologists, Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists,
Mental Health Counselors, and Certified Employee Assistance Professionals
Program Services is offering a learn‑at‑your‑own pace education track for licensed professionals seeking specialty certification as an addiction professional!!!
What is the Addiction Professional Training Track?
I.C.R.C. affiliated state substance abuse certification boards recognize the significance of professionals who are licensed as professional counselors. These boards often waive some of the requirements for licensed professionals who are seeking a certified addictions professional designation. Requirements include licensure and between 145 - 160 total hours of addiction specific education and passing the certification examination. In recent years the ICRC has changed its educational requirements to conform to the Center for Substance Abuse Technical Assistance Publication 21: Addiction Counselor Competencies. Program Services has developed the requisite addiction curriculum that conforms with CSAT TAP 21 and provides credits across the four content areas; understanding addiction, treatment knowledge, applications to practice, and professional readiness. Please note: Our classes may be applied to the requirements for CAS, CAC, and CCJAS, CCJAC designations also. We currently do not provide the entire curriculum for non‑licensed applicants.
* Contact your state certification board for specific education requirements in your state.
* Contact us for our curriculum information.How are credits earned?
Interested professionals can contact us to register for the program. A curriculum will be provided and instructions on accessing your own account where courses are posted. Learners can access courses at their own pace and upon successful completion will obtain certificates and a transcript for use in your final certification application process. We require that you complete the education program within five years. All credits earned can be used for your professional license renewal as Program Services has provider approval with the American Psychological Association, and