Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I purchase a Home Study, Online Course or Live Seminar and can I purchase more than one at a time?
- Once I have purchased a home study or on-line course how soon will I have access to it?
- How many course credits can I earn online or by home study?
- Can I take an on-line or home study exam without first reading the Study Guide?
- What score do I need to pass an exam and earn CE credit?
- What if I don't pass a Home Study or Online exam?
- Can I exit and return to an on-line exam or close the study guide if I'm not finished with it?
- What is the “My Account” page for?
- What if I forget my username or password?
- I'm going to need longer than 180 days to complete the course. Can I get additional time?
- Do I have to fill out the course evaluation form?
- How will I receive confirmation that I have successfully achieved a passing score on an either an on-line course or home study offering?
- What kind of computer do I need to take Program Services on-line courses?
- Do I have to be online to take the course?
- I registered and purchased an on-line course, but can't access it. I am getting an error message. What should I do?
- Is it safe to give my credit card number for payment online?
- Will I be notified automatically when Program Services offers new courses?
- What if I'm dissatisfied with a course after I've done some of it or completed it?
Q. How do I purchase a Home Study, Online Course or Live Seminar and can I purchase more than one at a time?
A. Yes, you can purchase multiple courses and combine Home Study, Online and Live Seminars in one order. Select the course of your choice by adding it to the Shopping Cart. Once you have added a course to the Shopping Cart, you can continue adding courses by clicking the corresponding button on the left hand menu i.e., Home Study, Online or Live Seminars. The Shopping Cart will remember what you have selected. If you wish to delete an item, click on the Trash Can icon located to the right hand side of that item. Once you are done shopping click on the RED proceed to checkout button located on both the top and bottom of the Shopping Cart page. You will then be sent to our Registration/Checkout page. New Users must complete an online registration form; however, returning customers simply login with their username and password before entering payment information.Return to top of page
Q. How many course credits can I earn online or by home study?
A. State policies vary on how many hours can be completed online or by home study. Many states allow as much as 100% of your CE Credits to come from on-line or home study offerings. Please consult with your state board concerning its policies. You may want to consult our CE requirements resource page. The CE Requirements information & Resource links are conveniently located throughout the site.Return to top of page
Q. Can I take an on-line or home study exam without first reading the Study Guide?
A. You may complete an exam without first reading the Study Guide. However, to receive the maximum educational benefits and avoid frustration, we recommend thoroughly reviewing the entire study guide before taking the exam.Return to top of page
Q. Once I have purchased a home study or on-line course how soon will I have access to it?
A. On-Line: On-line courses can be accessed and completed immediately if purchased by credit card. You may also pay by check if you prefer; however, you will not have access to your on-line course until we've received payment. Home Study: Most home studies are shipped via USPS priority mail within 48 hours. USPS Priority Mail offers 1-3 day service to most domestic destinationsReturn to top of page
Q. What score do I need to pass an exam and earn CE credit?
A. Passing score on all home study or on-line courses is 80% or above.Return to top of page
Q. What if I don't pass a Home Study or Online exam?
A. All Program Services exams are open book. However, if you should fail to pass, you may review the subject material and take the test again as many times as you want until you pass or until the expiration date of your course. Active on-line and home study courses expire 180 days from the date of purchase; however, additional time can be granted if necessary. Please contact us if you think you may need an extension.Return to top of page
Q. Can I exit and return to an on-line exam or close the study guide if I'm not finished with it?
A. Yes. You may exit the exam at any time; the “My Account” database will automatically keep track of your answers and allow you to start from where you left off, as long as you click on the save answers button located at the bottom of the exam page. The links, Take or Continue Exam and Download Study Guide, found on the "My Account" page, allow you to enter and exit your course as many times as you wish. Please note: If you would like to retain a single copy of the study guide material for future reference, you must save a copy to your computer. Once you successfully pass the exam, you will no longer have access to the study guide or completed exam.Return to top of page
Q. What is the “My Account” page for?
A.“My Account” is your personal gateway to your order history and contact information; in addition, you can manage your Online Course History and take or continue Online Exams. Purchased courses are automatically placed in your personal account; registered users will see their active courses appear as they take them; in addition, completed course inform